Encounter the Burgundy region – famous for its wine, cheese, and extensive history
(It’s basically as French as you get!)
Continue your journey in another destination
Burgundy is famous for its winesand cheese. As such, it’sas French as France can get!
Wishing for a “different” way to discover it, bringing together gourmet meals, ecotourism, heritage and one-of-a-kind places, people and events?
Finding France has mapped out a few guided tours for small groups which you’llalways rememberas a unique and authentic experience. Be it only one day or up to 8, we will work with and for you to plot a truly unforgettable journey.
Let’s design your private, authentic tour in Burgundy today!
Meet Claudette, a female vintner in Vézelay who will share her life’s passion for wine with you. Possibility of having lunch at her vineyards.
• Visit Vézelay’s roman-style Abbey where pilgrims beginning the Way of Santiago de Compostela gather to start their trek.
• Marvel at Guédelon, France’s “castle-in-construction.” Guédelon is currently being built using the exact same tools and techniques as were used in the Middle Ages.
• Visit to Pontigny Abbey, the largest abbey in the world, founded in 1114 and the former home of Cistercian monks.
• Take a stroll in the quaint town of Chablis, visit its wine cellars and taste locally-produced wines.
• Meet a goat cheese producer and visit his farm and facilities.
• Visit the Beaune Hospice, a gothic-style hospital founded in the 15th century by the Chancellor of the Dukes of Burgundy.
• Tucked away in the middle of famed vineyards, discover the Clos de Vougeot castle, where the iconic “Tastevins Brotherhood” gathers to further the lineage of Burgundy wines.
• Stroll through the village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, voted one of the “Most beautiful Village of France”, and where Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche filmed the movie “Chocolat”.
• Visit a candy factory…inside a Benedictine Abbey! The Abbey produces traditional and all-natural anise-flavored sweets – discover the secrets behind these confections.
• Visit Fontenay Abbey which was founded in 1118 by Saint Bernard de Claivaux and is the most ancient fully preserved Cistercian abbey in France.
• Discover the innovative Pommard Castle, a vineyard that practices biodynamic, environmentally-respectful agriculture to produce prestigious local wines.
• Get back to basics! Visit a goat & cheese farm and help milk the goats.
• Tour the Fallot Mustard factory, a family-owned business founded in 1840 that still caters to the most prestigious customers today. It is famous for the quality of its work and produce.
• Go off the beaten path and visit a snail farm in a small Burgundy village. Chat with the snail farmer as he shares his passion for snails with you!
• Meet a vintner and taste some of his best wines in his personal wine cellar as he details the production methods allowing Burgundy vintage wines to stand out.
• Discover Stéphanie and Christophe and their artisanal cheeses. Enjoy a private tasting with them as they share their adventures in cheese-making.
• Taste the best wines of Burgundy at the Cité Internationale de la Gastronomie et du Vin.
• 600 oak barrels await your visit in the cellars of the Villars Fontaine Castle, near Nuits-Saint-Georges. Learn how exceptional wines are produced, from grape to bottle.
Start your journey into the heart of Burgundy with Finding France!
Finding France is an immersive experience where you will uncover the real France… the people, the architecture, the passion for making and sharing food, and of course its rich and fascinating history. Our exclusive day tours are tailored to your interests, needs, and rhythm.
Discover our other popular itineraries and get ready for an unforgettable trip!
Starting at 2 travelers
From 1 to 15+ days
Meet locals and artisans throughout France
A “PTA” and 24/7 concierge service to take care of everything you need during your stay
A multilingual team that speaks and conducts tours in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew