• Visit the iconic Château of Chenonceau with your local guide, one of the most stunning examples of Loire Valley architecture, with its immense gallery that spans the width of the Cher river, giving it the nickname of the “Ponte Vecchio of France.” Nicknamed the Château des Dames – the Ladies’ Château – it was successively owned by many women of power and influence including Diane de Poitiers and Caterina de’ Medici.
• Inside the château we will discover the incredible collection of masterpieces (Reubens, Van Dyck, Corregio…), the royal bedrooms, salons for King François I and King Louis XIV, the chapel, and of course the gallery designed by Caterina de’Medici.
• The fairy-tale Château de Chambord is the largest of all the Loire Valley châteaux and is housed deep in the largest closed, forested park in Europe. Commissioned by King François I, Chambord is the culmination of Renaissance architecture and ingenuity.
• We will pay special attention to the innovative design – from Leonardo da Vinci’s double-spiral staircase at the heart of the château, to the blueprint of the château in the form of a cross, to the royal rooms and incredible gardens. We will take the time to discover this revolutionary château.
• Following our visit to the château, we will meet a local winemaker and have a private tasting in his winery near Chambord.
• Knowledgeable multilingual private guide at your service (English-French)
• High-quality air-conditioned vehicle
• Pick-up and drop-off anywhere you want in Paris
• Tastings and samplings
• Entrance fees
• Lunch and dinner, tips
• What is not mentioned on the program.
Let’s design with you and for you an authentic and bespoke private tour.
• Discover the Cheverny castle, one of the very few that still retain their complete set of furniture. This is the castle that inspired comic-book author Hergé when he created the manor of Captain Haddock in the Tintin series.
• More options upon request
Finding France is an immersive experience where you will uncover the real France… the people, the architecture, the passion for making and sharing food, and of course its rich and fascinating history.
Our exclusive day tours are tailored to your interests, needs, and rhythm. You can combine them together to create a completely unique and lasting experience…
Starting at 2 travelers
From 1 to 15+ days
Meet locals and artisans throughout France
A “PTA” and 24/7 concierge service to take care of everything you need during your stay
A multilingual team that speaks and conducts tours in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew