• Recommended pick up time: 7:30am (The tour takes about 12 hours)
• Cross the magnificent Normandy countryside with its picturesque green meadows dotted with cows.
• With your knowledgeable private guide, discover Utah beach, the American D-Day beach where General Theodore Roosevelt – the son of the US President – landed with his cane the 6th of June 1944.
• Go to the village of Sainte Mère Eglise where the paratrooper John Steel got stuck on the church steeple as he was trying to evade enemy lines.
• Explore the untamed “Pointe du Hoc” where US rangers scaled 90-foot cliffs on June 6th. Visit a genuine bunker from WWII and the German “pillboxes” scattered along the hillside.
• Knowledgeable multilingual private guide at your service
• High-quality air-conditioned vehicle
• Pick-up and drop-off at the place of your choosing in Paris.
• Tastings and samplings
• Entrance fees
For lunch, we will recommend the best restaurants in the area for trying local cuisine and specialities such as Camembert cheese.
– Walk on Omaha Beach called “Bloody Omaha” where more than 1000 young american soldiers gave their lives for our freedom on June 6, 1944. This is the beach featured in the movie “Saving private Ryan”.
– Visit the Normandy American Cemetery with its 9000 aligned tombs, its memorial and museum that are very well made. Watch there a short film about DDay that will make you understand the context of the landing.
We will have the possibility of attending the Taps flag ceremony inside the cemetery, which usually takes place at 4pm in low season and 5pm in high season (subject to change).
The tour will take you through sites which still carry remnants of battle. You will see along the way war machines like Sherman tank and cannons.
• Lunch and dinner, tips
• Additional sites or options not listed in the itinerary.
Let’s design your personalized, authentic tour today!
To choose one of the following options, please let us know when booking:
– A unique encounter with a local cheese producer who will explain the traditional process of making traditional and world-renowned Normandy cheeses. (We will of course enjoy a tasting of some of his finest cheeses!). This would be instead of Pointe du Hoc, Sainte Mère Eglise, and Utah beach,
– Gold Beach in Arromanches and the remnants of Mulberry Harbor, one of the largest artificial ports ever built to land Allied troops.
– Personal family history investigation: if you have relatives who fought in the 1944 Battle of Normandy, we can pinpoint exactly where and when your ancestor set foot on Norman soil using historical databases.
Finding France is an immersive experience where you will uncover the real France… the people, the architecture, the passion for making and sharing food, and of course its rich and fascinating history. Our exclusive day tours are tailored to your interests, needs, and rhythm.
We can suggest how best to combine them into the perfect itinerary for you! Get ready for a completely unique and unforgettable experience…”
Starting at 2 travelers
From 1 to 15+ days
Meet locals and artisans throughout France. Enjoy places where the locals go
A “PTA” and 24/7 concierge service to take care of everything you need during your stay
A multilingual team that speaks and conducts tours in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew