Visiting the châteaux of the Loire Valley is like stepping into a fairytale…and taking an enchanting journey through time!
Continue your journey in another destination
In the Loire Valley, Finding France brings together the best of magnificent architecture and artistry with the authentic local culture and culinary expertise. Meet local producers and indulge in their quest for perfecting timeless arts and craftsmanship. Finding France offers you a completely customizable tour, from 1 to 6 days, that will make your visit to the Loire Valley unforgettable.
Let’s design your private, authentic tour in the Loire Valley today!
• Discover the Château de Chamerolles, a true 16th-century jewel that was the property of the heirs of Sir Lancelot. Even King François I sejourned at Chamerolles on occasion.
• Amble through the stunning “Promenade des Parfums”, a sensory experience within the castle. Admire the ornate interiors complete with 16th to 18th-century furniture that demonstrate how perfume forged and changed society.
• Visit the Sully-sur-Loire fortified medieval castle. The donjon and moat – still filled with running water! – were the property of the King of France Philippe Auguste in the 18th century.
• Meet another Philippe, an organic livestock breeder, and visit his family farm in the Loiret. Learn how he cares for egg-laying chickens, cows and sheep using methods respectful of nature and animal well-being.
• Meet a local rhubarb
grower at his farm. Taste and discover his unique products: jams, nectar, rhubarb juice, and even rhubarb cordial and soda!
• Discover a rose garden that grows an impressive collection of over 600 rose varieties.
• Visit the fairytale-like Château de Chambord, the largest of all the Loire valley castles, housed deep in the largest enclosed forest park in Europe.
• Savor delicious local pastries, cookies, and other baked goods at the Chambord pastry shop.
• Visit the Royal castle in Blois, a favorite residence of the Kings of France during the Renaissance. Go for a stroll in the courtyard and beautiful gardens that surround the castle walls.
• Meet Michel and his family in their vineyards. Vintners for many generations, their exceptional wines rely on biodynamics to attain perfection.
• Champagne tasting on the roof of Chambord.
• Meet a beekeeper and taste his honey and a delectable honey-infused gingerbread.
• Meet the owner of a sheep and goat farm. Tour the grounds and even participate in the shearing of the sheep!
• Discover Cheverny Château, one of the very few that still has a magnificent complete set of original furniture and decor.
• Visit the Château in Amboise, or that of Clos Lucé, the last residence of Leonardo da Vinci.
• Meet a master sommelier, owner of a 16th-century wine cellar, and former manager of a Michelin-star restaurant. Sample his exceptional wines.
• Visit the iconic Château de Chenonceau, one of the most stunning examples of Loire Valley architecture, with its highly-adorned gallery that spans the Cher river. Nicknamed “the Château des Dames” or the Ladies’ Castle, Chenonceau is a testament to several influential women who left their mark on history.
• Float high above the winding Loire River in a hot air balloon; admire the forests, châteaux, and meticulously designed gardens from a very different point of view!
• Take a French cuisine class in the heart of the region, cooking with fresh, local produce.
• Go bike riding on the trails that wind along the riverbanks of the Loire.
Start your journey into the heart of the Loire Valley with Finding France!
Finding France is an immersive experience where you will uncover the real France… the people, the architecture, the passion for making and sharing food, and of course its rich and fascinating history. Our exclusive day tours are tailored to your interests, needs, and rhythm.
Discover our other popular itineraries and get ready for an unforgettable trip!
Starting at 2 travelers
From 1 to 15+ days
Meet locals and artisans throughout France
A “PTA” and 24/7 concierge service to take care of everything you need during your stay
A multilingual team that speaks and conducts tours in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew