Our itineraries are just an example of the amazing journeys we can provide.
Our travel designers are available to plan your tailor-made trips to France for you.
• Begin your day with an amazing panoramic view of Marseille as we go from the Old Port up to the Notre Dame de la Garde basilica via the “John Kennedy” cliff road that runs along the Mediterranean coastline.
• Enjoy an insider’s peek into the production (and tasting!) of locally famous chocolates made with olive oil at the Les Espérantines chocolaterie. Located along the Old Port, we will also have the chance to see the stunning architecture of the Cathédrale de la Major.
• Our morning concludes with lunch in the restaurant of Les Espérantines.
Afternoon: Cassis & the Calanques
• With your local guide, tour the fishing village of Cassis with its beautiful brightly-colored houses and bustling port along the Mediterranean sea.
• Treat yourself to an incredible panoramic of the Calanques…by boat! As you coast along the turquoise, crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean, your guide will share the secrets of these steep-walled cliffs, their sheltered inlets, and unique ecosystem. Swimming possible!
• Return to Aix-en-Provence for an elegant traditional French dinner in a Michelin-starred restaurant – en tête à tête!
• Night in your boutique hotel in the heart of Aix-en-Provence
• Contemplate the beauty of the wild Camargue region – in the Rhône River delta – with its unique fauna and flora as you navigate with your local guide between sea and land.
• Cross over lakes and visit the famous sea salt marshes in Aigues-Mortes where a local producer will reveal the secrets of this natural and traditional fabrication. Taste local delicacies seasoned with Fleur de Sel – literally, the “Flower of Salt.”
• Meet local farmers in their stone “mas” villages and visit their family farm. Let nature set the pace as you go horse-back riding to better appreciate the unique wilderness of the area.
• Discover Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, a charming village with a loaded past and the capital of Camargue, this town is delicately set at the edge of the Mediterranean Sea. Your local guide will walk you through its fortified church and the surrounding area.
• Enjoy a swim in the Mediterranean Sea!
• Return to Aix-en-Provence for dinner and night in your boutique hotel
Morning: Aix and the market
• Get a feel for the relaxed (and sunny) atmosphere of Aix-en-Provence (the historical capital of Provence) as we tour its narrow streets and fountains, hundred-year-old Sycamore trees lining the city center, townhouses painted in ochres and earth tones – and understand why artists like Paul Cézanne found their inspiration here! Taste sweets from Aix called calissons as we walk through town.
• Stroll through the weekly farmer’s market with your guide and taste local specialties along the way. Your guide will introduce you to local producers and tell you stories about life in Provence. We will also select fresh, in-season produce for our cooking class (and the wines to go with the meal).
AFTERNOON : Cooking class
• Enjoy a hands-on cooking class where you will prepare a traditional meal à la provençale with a local Chef using the produce selected at the market. We will then lunch with the Chef in the French tradition – several courses, wine pairings, a relaxed cadence, and good conversation.
• Back in Aix, we will have the possibility of visiting Paul Cézanne’s workshop (how he left it) and a short walk for a beautiful view of Mont Sainte-Victoire that he loved and painted often.
• For dinner, enjoy a light meal or tapas in Aix
• Night in your boutique hotel in Aix-en-Provence
• In the heart of the Rhône river valley, we will visit historic Avignon, or the “City of the Popes.” Enjoy a walking tour with your local guide of this beautiful and dynamic fortified city.
• One of the most visited monuments in France and the largest Gothic structure of the Middle Ages, the Palais des Papes is our next stop. The Palais notably housed the Popes that had broken with Rome at the beginning of the 14th century (before their return to Rome 60 years later). Admire the view of the Rhône and the famous Pont d’Avignon from above, and visit the Palace’s adjoining cathedral church.
• We will eat lunch together in Les Halles – the covered market – tasting fresh, local produce in a bustling and friendly atmosphere.
• Head deeper into wine country to the town of one of the most revered Rhône Valley wines – Châteauneuf-du-Pape. In addition to a private visit of the cellars, the winemaker will present the grape variety in more detail, highlighting the specificities of the vineyards. We will then have an exclusive tasting (including grands crus) paired with a tasting of distinctive local French cheeses.
• Finish the day with an exclusive hot air balloon ride over the vineyards and rolling hills of the region!
• Return to Aix-en-Provence for dinner and night in your boutique hotel.
Starting at 2 travelers
From 1 to 15+ days
Meet locals and artisans throughout France
A “PTA” and 24/7 concierge service to take care of everything you need during your stay
A multilingual team that speaks and conducts tours in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew